Thank You 2018
We are almost at the end of 2018 and oh boy, it has been an intense year! First and foremost, we’d like to deeply thank all our customers, retailers, partners, family and friends who supported us and made us believe more than ever in this human adventure. We may have been silent on the blog for a while but we can testify that it was pretty noisy behind the scenes! Because everyone is getting excited over the Top 9 and the best pictures on social media, we would like to share our Top 9 Moments that made 2018 incredibly memorable:
- 2018 was definitely marked by our first steps in the offline world – from Los Angeles to Stockholm, we’ve been out there so you could try our accessories, touch them and feel the love we put in the design and in the weaving! Definitely a rewarding experience and we can’t wait to extend our reach in 2019.
- We hold our first pop up ever last summer at the Hoxton Hotel in London, in partnership with our online retailer I Love Designer. It was great to meet our London-based friends and supporters and exchange on ideas and collaborations.
- Because Noces mean Wedding / Marriage in French, it was natural that we foster collaborations with brands who share the same interest in Love. It was such an exciting moment to work with the conscious wedding dress brand Celia Grace and the PR Company Perry Rose Media. We can’t encourage you enough to support these brands led by women for women!
- There is a beginning to everything – our entry to Germany! Yes our German speaker fans can now find us on the biggest conscious and eco-friendly marketplace Avocadostore. Extra kudos to our little cousin Zoely who really helped making us a move in the German market with her language skills!
- Still staying in Germany: our awesome feature in the Fogs Magazine! Yes we are still over the moon just thinking about, with their lovely review of our Jade raffia handbag that carries our brand identity in a single accessory.
- And concluding on the German news: we partnered with Peppermynta Magazine and the activist Melanie-Jasmin Jeske, pictured by the photographer Florian Grill, to celebrate women and body positivity through an exclusive summer edit outfit inspiration.
- The magazine Native Nashville made us a great surprise: a special feature of our Alexa raffia handbag, shot by the photographer Brett Warren, in collaboration with Shop Goodwin. We are so grateful for such an opportunity!
- We partnered with Studio Preservation and the photographer Nicole Lorenson to capture the essence of our brand: a blend of a minimalist, timeless yet modern style. Our accessories were styled with the New York based knitwear brand Kordal and the shoes brand By Far.
- And last but not least: our exclusive collaboration with the brand Studio 189 led by fashion activist Rosario Dawson and Abrima Erwiah to co-create handwoven raffia clutches and accessories to be available for Spring Summer 2019. Our bespoke accessories already made it to the New York Fashion Week, the Ghana Fashion Week, the Nigeria Fashion Week, Miami Art Basel and so on.
Of course there was much more – 2018 was a year of awesome encounters, meeting new friends from all around the world who share our vision for a fashion with purpose. Thanks to you, we will be able to continue supporting social programs in Madagascar – but wait for the next post to hear more about our social engagement!
We wish you a healthy and joyful 2019, and let’s all cheer for an awesome year to come!